Read Online or Download A History of the Irish Novel PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Chinese language girls Writers and the Feminist mind's eye, 1905-1948 presents a compelling learn of major girls writers in smooth China, charting their literary works and lifestyles trips to envision the politics and poetics of chinese language transcultural feminism that exceed the limits of bourgeois feminist selfhood.
In lots of components of Appalachia, family members ties run deep, constituting an immense a part of an individual’s feel of self. on occasion, while Appalachian novices search new types of wisdom, these kin ties should be challenged via the accusation that they've gotten above their raisings, a cost which could have a long-lasting effect on kin and group reputation.
Linking Willa Cather to “the smooth” or “modernism” nonetheless turns out an eccentric proposition to a couple humans. Born in 1873, Cather felt tied to the earlier whilst she witnessed the emergence of twentieth-century sleek tradition, and the fresh, classical sentences in her fiction distinction starkly with the substantially experimental prose of well-known modernists.
Oxford methods to Classical Literature (Series Editors: Kathleen Coleman and Richard Rutherford) introduces person works of Greek and Latin literature to readers who're impending them for the 1st time. every one quantity units the paintings in its literary and historic context, and goals to supply a balanced and fascinating review of its content material, artistry, and function.
- The Science Fiction Handbook (Literature and Culture Handbooks)
- The Cambridge Companion to the Brontës (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
- Literary Radicalism in India: Gender, Nation and the Transition to Independence (Routledge Research in Postcolonial Literatures)
- Paul Auster's Postmodernity (Studies in Major Literary Authors)
- The representation of women in early 18th century England
- Handbook of Native American Literature (Garland Reference Library of the Humanities)
Extra resources for A History of the Irish Novel
A History of the Irish Novel by Hand