By Jeffrey Gray,Mary Balkun,James McCorkle
The ethnically varied scope, extensive chronological assurance, and combine of biographical, serious, ancient, political, and cultural entries make this the main worthy and interesting poetry reference of its type for college students today.
• Covers American poetry from the Colonial period to the current in approximately three hundred alphabetically prepared entries
• beneficial properties key modern poets, together with these showing in present journals
• Brings jointly nearly eighty individuals who're one of the most generally identified students within the field
• helps universal center nation criteria for English Language Arts and Social stories via assisting scholars achieve a better knowing of language
Read Online or Download American Poets and Poetry: From the Colonial Era to the Present [2 volumes]: From the Colonial Era to the Present PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Chinese language ladies Writers and the Feminist mind's eye, 1905-1948 offers a compelling examine of best girls writers in glossy China, charting their literary works and existence trips to ascertain the politics and poetics of chinese language transcultural feminism that exceed the bounds of bourgeois feminist selfhood.
In lots of elements of Appalachia, relations ties run deep, constituting a major a part of an individual’s feel of self. now and again, whilst Appalachian beginners search new sorts of wisdom, these relations ties may be challenged through the accusation that they have got gotten above their raisings, a cost which may have an enduring influence on kinfolk and group recognition.
Linking Willa Cather to “the smooth” or “modernism” nonetheless turns out an eccentric proposition to a few humans. Born in 1873, Cather felt tied to the previous while she witnessed the emergence of twentieth-century sleek tradition, and the fresh, classical sentences in her fiction distinction starkly with the extensively experimental prose of well-known modernists.
Oxford techniques to Classical Literature (Series Editors: Kathleen Coleman and Richard Rutherford) introduces person works of Greek and Latin literature to readers who're coming near near them for the 1st time. each one quantity units the paintings in its literary and ancient context, and goals to supply a balanced and interesting evaluation of its content material, artistry, and goal.
- Unusable Past: Volume 39
- W. Somerset Maugham: Volume 4 (Collected Critical Heritage)
- The American Counterfeit: Authenticity and Identity in American Literature and Culture (Amer Lit Realism & Naturalism)
- Adapting "Billy Bishop goes to War" for Germany
- What the hell were you thinking?
- Lyrics of the Hearthside
Additional info for American Poets and Poetry: From the Colonial Era to the Present [2 volumes]: From the Colonial Era to the Present
American Poets and Poetry: From the Colonial Era to the Present [2 volumes]: From the Colonial Era to the Present by Jeffrey Gray,Mary Balkun,James McCorkle